Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Updates

The orchids are doing great. Yay!

I just got a new job, working for an uber-cool design store for kids called Genius Jones. I'll be working on their website and the warehouse. I haven’t started yet. My old job convinced me to stay through March, even though they aren’t giving me anything to do, really (hence, this blog will definitely be more active over the next few weeks. Yay?).

Working in a very structured, hierarchical, office (*adjusts tie*) for almost two years now has been an… interesting experience. There’s been some wonderful moments of camaraderie and I’ve made some great friends in the process. There’s been some truly awful moments when the weight of eighteen bosses made me feel like the lowest ranked ant in the back of the food line. Doing what I’ve been doing – Events, although mainly the computer work involved – has been exciting. There’s a certain pressure and excitement with the idea of having some massive event the next day and trying to make sure every little piece is sent to the right place and the right person.

I’ll miss my boss, Alysa, who has been like the best sudden friend I’ve ever had. When I came to interview here in summer of ’05, I never thought I would be welcomed as part of a large family so warmly. People here – when they’re not stressed out by crazy demands of donors – are truly kind and friendly and have been nothing but super-accommodating to me. I’ll miss them all.


As for my writing, it’s been sporadic at best. Somnolent, more accurately. I feel like I have stories to tell, large ideas I want to spread throughout the world. But I am severely unmotivated. I’m not sure why. It’s nice to see 23 Small Disasters online and popping up on blogs. That’s been the biggest motivator for me in a while. True, it’s been only a couple days, but I’ve been thinking about writing more during these last few days than I have in a year. So, wish me luck, and hopefully you’ll see more By Elad Haber soon!

2 comments:

Design By Bain said...

Congrats on the new job & the orchids. Sounds like you are coming into a whole new you! Many many many more wonderful news to come i'm sure :)

Anonymous said...

Aww Elad you will be greatly missed..but im very happy for you and your new job. Everything happends for a reason and you only move up never do you move backwards..as for your writing you know you can write just put your mind to it. What more motivation do you need? New apt, Shawn's new office, your new job! Well Elad I wish you all the best bud. God Bless you both!!

Love,

Saby