Friday, February 04, 2005

As you can see, changes are happenin'.

It was about a year ago that I started this blog. Rampant social pressure (looking at you, Chris, Alan, and Kristin) nudged me in the direction of blogging, but I feel like it's something that I've wanted to do for a long time. I remember stumbling upon an old Clarion journal in like '97 and getting into reading all kinds of different online journals. At the time, it was a small, virgin, community but there was a fascinating immediacy to reading about someone's life. Like a story but real, and written by a writer? Well. Now we're talking.

As for my intentions with this blog, I never wanted to write about life. I thought I'd use it as a soapbox to talk about shit I liked and disliked and to recommend music and books to my friends. After a year, I see it's more than that. It's a part of a living community of such distinct and fascinating people. I read some wonderful blogs (right) and use other people's blogrolls to click more and more and get insights into so many peoples' thoughts and especially reactions.

I don't consider myself part of the "greater" blogger community as referenced by People magazine (or whatever). If anything, I'd like this place to be a small town in the vast country of SF/F writers' journals. And if people with similar tastes in music (my obvious obsession) happen upon this place through google then that's great!

As for the new title, I never really liked the old one. I was living in a big building at the time and amongst all the random people, people thought of me as "that quiet guy," when people who know me know I can be anything but (on occasion). The new title is straight up stolen from a line from a song by The Arcade Fire, from their song, "Wake Up."

We're just a million little god's causin' rain storms turnin' every good thing to rust.

Felt like it was appropriate.

Hope you like the new colors. And if you're one of the few people who have been reading this blog for a year, thank you. Thank you very much.

:)

2 comments:

elad said...

sup dude? read your update. look at us employed mofo's. who would have thought?

no one. that's right.

elad said...

for my context for the new name, check out "Wake Up" here:

http://www.arcadefire.com/flashy/lyrics.html great design and lyrics enclosed.