Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Overheard coming out of the Oval Office this morning,

"Hey, Dad. How are you doing?"

"Good. What's up?"

"Well. This whole Iraq thing. I told them, and everybody, that the war was over. And it doesn't seem to be over. People are dying. There's all these kinds of groups fighting us now. The press are bringing up the V-word."

"Vigara?"

"No, Dad. Vietnam. I'm worried."

"Well. Did you have a plan for a post-regime-change? Did you coordinate with other countries and the U.N. for a longterm transitional government?"

"Um, no. I just kind of shot first and asked questions later. Like John Wayne."

"Okay. Well. My best advice would be to do what I did in your situation, and just leave."

"See, that's the problem. Since you did it last time, I don't think I can do it now. It'd be too obvious."

"Hmm. What about that Hussein fellow? You've got him, right? Send him back."

"I don't think I can do that either, Dad."

"Well, then, son, I'm sorry to tell you, but I think you're fucked. You probably shouldn't have invaded that country at all."

"Yeah."

No comments: