Sunday, February 08, 2004

A new experience for me tonight.

One of my friends, whom I've known only through the Internet but consider a dear friend, has his own two-hour block at his college radio station. And thanks to the miracle of the Internet, I can listen from the comfort of my own deskchair three thousand miles away.

And it was a good show! Maybe I've just saying that because I recognized half the songs. Or because the transitions were so beautiful. Radiohead's "Polythelene Part 1" fading into The Notwist's "Consequence" was the highlight for me.

I've done the Internet-radio thing a few times but there's so many channels, so many websites, and so so many bands, that it can feel overwhelming. This felt personal. Like I was connected to Skye and a handful of other listeners alone in their room on a Sunday night, all of us enjoying the music in our own way. He may not be the best disc jockey (a few too many "um's") but he's got some amazing taste in music.

Now I've got plans every Sunday night for the next few months. Thanks Skye!

The link if anyone's interested. Skye's show is on Sunday night between 7-9 PST.

Album of the Day: Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever

No comments: