Monday, February 23, 2004

Cool Stuff:

- Skye dedicated The Notwist's "This Room" to me on his radio show last night. That song is a definite standout on the Neon Golden album, therefore one of the first songs I gravitated towards. In retrospect, it was my first favorite Notwist song. So, like, cool. Thanks, Skye.

- Carrie chose Big, huh? Nice fairytale ending. A nation of women sigh with relief at the exact same moment.

- The Most Awesome Thing Ever. :) I could not think of better company. Much love to the Ratbastards, Johnzo, David, Amber, and the others.

- Do Make Say Think's Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn is fucking amazing music. Wild, varied, imaginative, gorgeous.

- I turn 24 in three days.

- In five days, I'm going to see two of my favorite bands, The Decemberists and Earlimart, play together as part of the 2004 Noisepop Festival, a week-long San Francisco event that takes place in many venues all across the city. Some other good bands are playing other nights but I'm more than happy with just Earlimart, who I feel like I know as friends by now, this will be the fourth time I see them in the past year. And my god-I-wish-I-was-friends-with-you-band, The Decemberists, the first time I'll see them in a real venue.

- I've been writing a lot.

So far, I love 2004.

No comments: